Grandparent's Rights

Grandparents have rights too and can submit a petition in the Probate and Family Court in the county where the divorce or complaint for support was filed if: (1) the parents are divorced, married but living apart, or under a temporary order or judgment of separate support; or (2) one or both parents are deceased; or (3) if the child was born out of wedlock, the parents do not reside together and the paternity of the child has been established by a court or by a signed acknowledgment.  The Grandparent(s) have the burden to show the court that by allowing visitation, it would be in the best interest of the child.