Modifications in Massachusetts may involve matters regarding:

  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Alimony
  • Visitation

The requirement necessary to successfully obtain a modification is that you must prove that there has been a “material change in circumstances” since the last order was issued. Some of reasons of a material change in circumstances includes the loss of a job and the need for a reduction in the payment of child support, or a party may want to relocate to another state and the other party objects. Here it would be required for the court to issue an order and modify the current judgment.  

However, if both of the parties agree to the modification they can file a “Stipulation Agreement” to be presented before a Judge for court approval.

We have helped many of our clients file and defend modifications of court orders.